Art of Education Conference


This past Thursday December 21, 2014, I had the opportunity to be a part of the Art of Education Conference. It was put on by the Art of Education website. This site is a great site for art educators. This was the first time that I had attended a conference of this type. I was a little apprehensive at first wondering how it would work. I've attended many conferences in the past and they are very good. There are concurrent session going on and I would have to choose which presentation to see. Sometimes having to miss a presentation in order to see another only to find out that one I missed was AWESOME. And they are expensive. Not only do you have to pay for the conference, but housing, travel and food etc. Not so with this kind of conference. It happened all on the computer. After signing in we were able to see all of the presentations in order. They were 10 minutes in length with a little time in-between. If I needed to miss a part, every presentation is available afterward for me me to see. I could watch the whole conference again if I wanted too. The presentation topics included assessment, room organization, how to use music and sound in the art room, how to use technology and how to Not use technology and how to use art to inspire. There were also hands on activities.

I am impressed at how well everything went that I will be attending the next onference (tm). If you want to learn more about it, head over to www.artofed.com

Comments

Popular Posts