Getting old is Relative

The other day, I had gathered a kindergarten class on the floor in front of me. I hadn’t seen these kids for almost two week because of a conference I attended the week before. Also, it being November, I have started growing my winter beard. We were talking about what we planned on doing this day when a little boy raised his hand and asked me “How’d you get so old so fast?” I laughed and mentioned the beard and continued on with the lesson. 

It made me think back as a child that time was really a hard thing to grasp. Two weeks is a lifetime to a 6-year-old. To that boy, I had gotten older really fast. When we ask children to wait and be patient, it’s hard. And so, I have gotten old…quickly. But of course, as a time-lord, time is a wibbly-wobbly kind of thing.




Comments

Popular Posts