Center Menus

The menu is an important part of delivering instruction in the child-centered studio. It is used as a checkpoint or reminder of a process or technique that has been introduced during a five minute demo. I try to keep my menus simple. Menus should be limited to giving students the least amount of information to get them started; kind of a jump start to creating. One thing I've learned is that children respond better to hand-made signs. I've created many fancy signs on the computer and discovered it was in vain. To promote attention getting, use lots of color and keep the instructions simple. I am constantly looking at and revising the menus in our studio. These are a few of the menus I have posted around my room. Feel free to use if you want. 















Comments

Popular Posts